Friday, October 31, 2008

Care 4 Breast Cancer 5K

Last Sunday, 10/26/2008, was the Care 4 Breast Cancer 5K run/walk in Lippold Park in Crystal Lake, IL. The group photo on the left shows two of my coworker (Brian on the left and Eddie on the right) and me (in the middle) cooling down after the race. Brian's wife Cassie took this picture of us. Eddie is an amazing runner. He races almost every weekend. I'm more of the casual runner, but this was my 10th race this season.
This particular race was a fundraiser for the Family Health Partnership Clinic. It's a great cause, and I'm very proud to say that I raised $570. Yes, I know, I have very generous and thoughtful friends. They are awesome! I'm also proud to learn that my own doctor, Dr. James Mowery, is an internal medicine provider at the clinic.
Everyone had a great time at this race. There were over 800 participants this year. The organizers raised over $78,000 this year. I can hardly wait to run this one again next year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: